Saturday 6 January 2007

Episode 7 - Black.....

This is a self portrait.

Seems, I'm a shadow of what I once was.....ahem.

My wife told me today that she thinks I may be suffering from depression.

After looking stuff up about it, it seems she may be right.

Ok, the last sentence was a lie. I've been feeling down for some time (this blog is meant to help....) and I asked her, and she said yes, you are depressed - do something about it (in a nice way).

Thing is, what do you do? Now, thats probably the catch-22 of depression - you might know you have a problem. You may even admit it to yourself and others, but who can you turn to?

Yes, there are professionals but by going to them the cat is out of the bag.

As widespread as it is, people take a dim view of others who suffer from depression.

Malingerers, lazy sods...get a grip, get a hold of yourself, snap out of it etc.

When you hear that, or think that you will hear that, it makes you feel worse. It makes you think that you are pathetic and the spiral continues.

But, as I've said, its a start knowing, isn't it?

No comments: