Thursday 4 January 2007

Episode 5 - Family Values?


Ah, the sheer joy of returning to work. The sheer rush shuffling paper around a desk! The absolute excileration of just being a wage slave.....


I should be grateful that I have a job.


Its my daughters 18th birthday in a few weeks and she's having a party. Me and her mother had a bit of a fumble in the back of an A reg Mini Metro, in a laybay down a country lane back in 1988, and by 1989 it resulted in my daughter.


Pretty soon after we went our seperate ways, even though I have maintained contact with my daughter to this day. However as the years have gone by, my daughter and I have drifted apart and we've seen less and less of each other. Bit depressing, really.


I don't want to go to her party as her mother and family will be there. They've said on numerous occasions how they'd like to kill me and as such I don't wish to spend time in their company.


My current thinking is - I'm no going.


But, will my daughter mind? 18th Birthdays are a pretty big deal these days so my no show could make the distance between us all that bigger. On the other hand I could be in line for some unpleasnat abuse, which will help no one.


I think my parent are planning on going, but I suspect that they are not keen either.


What to do, eh?


Also, I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with my parents and sister. For reasons I find hard to articulate without getting really annoyed.


What to do, indeed.


If I've done this right, there should be a picture at the bigining of this blog......

No comments: