Thursday 11 January 2007

Episode 10 - (We Don't Need This) Facist Grove Thang!

Well.

Weather was crap again - why I'm surprised, who knows as its Britain and its winter. Particularly vicious today as its blowing a gale, the rain is doing its left to right thing again, and the motorway was a river, populated by the usual suspects driving little tin cans far to fast whilst being stalked by continental lorry drivers who sometime forget which side of the road to drive on!

Its my last but one day with my current colleagues today so I've bought them all some organic cakes, fair trade bananas and some good old British Cox's apples (for my Daily Mail reading chums). Extra food is always appreciated as a highlight by my mentally jaded co-workers, so that went down well.

Whilst munching on said assortment, the subject of immigration came up (as it does....) - probably the bananas - and in particular those immigrants who come over for a free ride (spongers etc). My middle class, liberal, slightly left wing sensibilities were soon offended when my work mate Sue (daughter of Italian immigrants) started going on about how the UK is full of eastern European scumbags who are ripping off the benefits system. Now, there may be some truth in this but I retorted that the UK was also had its own home grown scumbags who were also scamming the system.

Now, most of the Europeans that I come across of a day are either lorry drivers (judging by the number plates on their rigs) or people doing what are degradingly called menial jobs - you know, the kind of jobs that our home grown scumbags think are beneath them. Funny how their self respect allows them to turn their collective noses up at these jobs, but lets them take handouts from the state on a regular basis. Shame that some of them are too thick to see the delicious irony in this.

But I suppose if we all live in a Democracy then we have to put up with dim witted daily mail readers, lazy bastards (where ever they are from) and self righteous wingers like my good self!

I take one of my kids to rugby training on a Wednesday evening. This usually consists of standing in the cold listening to bad jokes from Gary (or who ever), grumbling about the weather (can you see a theme developing?) and watch our children running around, being shouted at by over enthusiastic Scotsman who hardly anyone can understand. Last night, Stretch - one of the dads, started telling me about a girl he'd met in an electrical wholesalers who had taken a shine to him. Mobile numbers had been exchanged and much to his pleasant surprise, she starts sending him some rather fruity texts (which he shows to me....) describing what she's doing at that particular time (this set of texts were apparently sent when she was bathing...!).

Its get better, or worse depending on your view point.

She then starts sending him pictures!!! The joy of camera phones, eh?? I now know that this women, whom I've never met, shaves her funny down to the wood and has a penchant for sending grainy photos of her self doing rude things. Each to their own but really, doesn't she know that most men are out and out perverts who will quite happily show pictures of naked women to each other, especially if they don't know them/respect them very much and there's little or no chance of getting caught.

well, it livened up a bitterly cold evening, and I think training went ok.....

My other kids have started drama - should be interesting. I've already told my oldest to thank me and his mum in his Oscar speech.

No comments: