Wednesday 3 January 2007

Episode 4 - Normal Service is Resumed?

Back in work tomorrow. I shall join the scuttle of drones to the office blocks of deepest mundanety - a place everyone knows but doesn't wish to go to.

But!

But, I have a plan and a cunning one at that.

A plan to escape. A plan to roll back the last twenty years of my professional life (such that it is) and start again. Sadly, there is the realisation that I have, in a sense, wasted those years. That is also a very crushing but at the same time, liberating thought.

Crushing in so much that, my god, I've wasted all that time doing stuff I wasn't really happy doing.

Liberating in so much that I've have actually realised the above and now can move on and get back to things that I used to enjoy so much.

I loved art.

I loved poetry.

And I loved just writing for the sheer joy of writing.

OK, I wasn't very good (as no doubt you've gathered from reading this.....if anyone is indeed reading this) but I enjoyed it hugely.

The plan is now, return to my roots and who knows make something of it. Re-connect fully with my dormant creative side.

Not for anyone else, but for me.

And my sanity.

No comments: