Saturday 20 January 2007

Episode 15 - Its Cool For Cats

Now, I'm a cat lover. I have four cats - Pud, Charlie, Scout and Little Cat. On the whole, they're nice enough. All different, too.

Pud - getting on a bit, like his home comforts and never strays far from the house. Maybe because we had his nuts crushed he lost the urge to wander the neighbourhood looking for females. No point finding them, if you can't do anything with them, is there?

Charlie - similar to Pud in some much that he too is testicular-arily challenged (made up word!) but he is much bigger and a lot more fierce. Even though he is without balls in the physical sense, he still posses "balls", so to speak.

Scout - A sweet little female pussy cat. Named after a character from To Kill A Mockingbird - a book I read in school. Nothing like the character in the book by way of personality, but it's a nice name. Very friendly and very playful and at 2am in the morning a pain in the arse.

Little Cat - a part timer. She was and I suppose still is, a bit of a stray. My wife met her in the street a few years ago. She followed her home and stayed for about 3 years before going a bit weird - took her to the Vet for a jab and she's never been the same - the cat, not my wife. We never gave her a proper name, because when she first came to stay we didn't think she'd hang around.

The cat hiarachy in the house is ruled by Charlie, with Scout and Pud down the pecking order. Little Cat dosen't really come in to it as she flits in and out, although Charlie would happily rip her throat out.

Now, one of these little buggers is the reason I've spent most of the afternoon ripping up the floor in my hall. One of them has been leaving offerings to the almighty Cat piss god. Not just today, but for some time. We've tried cleaning it up but you just can't shift the stench without using industrial strenght cat piss remover, or bleach as its more commonly known. The hall is now without carpet, grippers and soon enough it'll be without any floor tiles.

All because some little feline can't keep their legs crossed. Why they can't wait and do it some one elses garden......



1 comment:

ArcoJedi said...

Cats! I used to own two cats a few years back, but now I own a dog.

In response to your post on my blog about how to create links, I am a web developer and can type quite a lot about how to do code. I made a short tutorial as a blog post and I hope that it helps. Let me know if you have more questions of if anything is not clear.